Treat your family to these quick and easy vegan pancakes.
These vegan pancakes make a delicious breakfast, brunch or tea-time snack. Perfect for families wanting to embrace a vegan lifestyle without compromising on taste and convenience.
Makes 10–15 pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground golden flaxseeds
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- vegan butter/margarine for frying
- Set oven to 150 degrees celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper and place in oven. Once fried, place pancakes in oven to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground flaxseeds, and salt and whisk together. In a second bowl, whisk oat milk, coconut oil and lemon juice together. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour milk mixture into the well. Gently whisk together until few lumps remain. Make sure not to overmix.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon of vegan butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat until shimmering. Using a ¼ cup measure, portion batter into pan. Cook until edges are set and golden, and bubbles on the surface are beginning to break, about 3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately or transfer to the baking tray in the oven. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining batter.