Oat pancakes are the healthy way for families to start their day.
Are you looking for a heart-healthy dish to try out at home? Try this easy recipe for fresh oat pancakes. Top off with some fresh fruit and you’re ready to enjoy. Freshly prepared pancakes are quick and easy to whip up and chances are you already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500ml Golden Cloud cake flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 7.5ml salt
- 250ml Jungle Oats
- 5ml sugar
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1tbsp oil for mixture
- 50ml oil for frying
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add Jungle Oats and sugar.
- Mix milk, eggs and oil.
- Blend flour and milk mixture into a smooth batter. Extra water can be added if the batter is too thick.
- Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and fry pancakes one at a time until golden on both sides.
- Serve the pancakes with cinnamon sugar, or any fruit of your choice.
Love pancakes? Try out this vegan pancake recipe.
And for some ideas on how to encourage children to eat more fruit, take a look at these funky fruit ideas.