Wraps are easy to make, and ideal for lunchboxes and picnics. But they can also be packed with immune-boosting ingredients that have many health benefits.
This wrap has red pepper, tomatoes and garlic, which contain sulphur compounds that may stimulate the immune system’s natural defences against cancer. This recipe from B-Well can be adapted to include your own favourite filling.
CHICKEN & BEAN WRAP
Serves: 4 people
Time: 20 min
- 8 tsp B-wellTM Canola & Olive Oil
- 1 tin black beans / red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 skinless free range chicken breast fillet (300g)
- 4 tortilla wraps
- lettuce leaves
- 16 baby tomatoes, halved
- few slices of cucumber
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Soya sauce, naturally brewed (less sodium)
- 4 Tbsp Mozzarella, grated
- Cut chicken breast into strips and stir fry while seasoning with garlic and ground pepper. Stir fry till cooked through and lightly golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Slice tomato in half. Cut cucumber into thin slices. Cut pineapple into small pieces and cut red pepper into long thin slices.
- Mix B-wellTM Canola & Olive oil and Soya sauce together.
- Heat tortilla for few seconds in microwave until soft.
- Lie the tortilla flat. First place the lettuce, followed by the fresh fruit, vegetables and beans. Then, spread chicken pieces on top.
- Fold the tortilla and garnish with the B-wellTM Canola & Olive oil and soya sauce mix and grated cheese.
For more lunchbox ideas, click here