These pancakes are packed with sweet potato power, rich in vitamin A, C, fibre and a host of other nutrients. Paired with oats and chia seed, you’ll get extra fibre, roughage and an omega boost.
We’re sure dad would love a stack of these sweet potato and chai pecan pancakes on Father’s Day.
Makes: 10 – 12 pancakes
- B- well cooking Spray
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour (we love whole wheat for extra fiber)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp chia seed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Honey/maple syrup, to drizzle
- Pecan nuts, roasted
How to make
- Combine cooked sweet potato, and oats in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Pour eggs, chia seeds and milk into the blender with the sweet potato and oat base. Blend until well combined.
- Add the rest of ingredients. Blend until fully pureed.
- Heat the stovetop to medium heat. Spray B-well Canola cooking spray to cover the surface of a non-stick pan. (Remember to spray B-well Canola cooking spray before each batch to prevent sticking and for extra Omega-3 boost)
- Using a soup ladle or about ¼ cup, pour some batter into the pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and repeat until both sides are cooked and golden.
- Serve topped with the roasted pecan nuts, drizzled with the honey/maple syrup or with your favourite toppings and sides. Enjoy!