Social activities may have slowed since the pandemic, but it is still possible to make Mother’s Day extra special with these spoils to enjoy at home.
Here are 12 great ways to spoil the amazing women in your life this Mother’s Day – from the comfort of your home:
- Let mom sleep in, make sure the room is dark and the house is quiet. This will allow her to start her day on a good note. A cup of coffee or some hot lemon water will be great as she wakes.
- Make her a special, personalised card.
- Add to her garden or gift her with a new plant.
- Fill a jar with her favourite sweets and tasty treats. Wrap with a ribbon and a special card or a note of love.
- Set up a spa day for your mom. Set up a spot in the house where she can soak her feet and get a foot rub, another station for a massage – perhaps in the bedroom or on a comfy couch, and another station for her to rest and recline with a face mask and some cucumber slices to soothe her eyes.
- Get some beads, charms and jewellery supplies and make bracelets or necklaces together.
- Organise a movie night where mom gets to pick her favourite movie and you have the popcorn, snacks and drinks sorted for her. Make sure to grab lots of comfy pillows to be extra cosy.
- Get some canvases, paint and some wine. Invite your moms closest friends or family and have them enjoy a paint and wine evening.
- Find a yoga class your mom will enjoy, set up some mats and make sure you will be undisturbed while you and your mom enjoy a home online yoga class.
- Create a book of favourite moments where you write down all your most favourite shared experiences.
- Create a picnic in the garden, balcony or on the carpet. Pack a basket full of your favourite snacks, fruits and treats. Lay down a blanket and bring along some games, a speaker playing some of her favourite music and enjoy.
- Last one, make your mom breakfast in bed or treat her to these delicious lemon blueberry breakfast muffins.
Blueberry Lemon Protein Muffins
Serves: 14 Muffins
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup All Purpose/cake flour (Gluten-free)
- 1 x 400ml can Coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- 3 eggs / 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp flax powder + 9 tbsp warm water/milk)
- Zest of 2 large lemon, keep a pinch for garnish
- ¼ cup Brown sugar/coconut nectar sugar
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Almond flakes for garnish
How to Make:
- Combine the uncooked quinoa and coconut milk in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once it is boiling, turn the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the milk is absorbed. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the B-WELL Canola oil and sugar until it is smooth, light and liquid.
- Add in the eggs/flax egg and beat well. Add in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Mix until well combined. Add in the cooled quinoa and stir until well mixed.
- Place the diced dates in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of the All Purpose flour and mix around to coat the dates to stick together and all clump together in one muffin.
- Add the remaining flour, dates and blueberries into the quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between 14 muffin cavities filling almost full. Sprinkle with almond flakes on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Do a toothpick test, it must come out clean and dry. Let cool in the pan completely.
For more Mother’s Day treats